Important – Please Read Carefully
Changes for clients:
- I will be using PPE in line with current guidelines. These guidelines also require clients to wear face masks so please bring a mask to your appointment (I can provide one for a cost of €2 if you forget).
- After making your appointment, you will be required to fill out the declaration COVID-19 form on the day of your appointment, prior to coming into the clinic (the form is below).
- I would ask all clients to ask themselves these THREE questions before coming to their appointment:
1. In the past 14 days have you been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19?
2. In the past 14 days have you been in a healthcare facility where patients with COVID-19 are being treated?
3. Are you suffering from any of the following: fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other features of an upper respiratory tract infection (such as nasal discharge or frequent sneezing)?
If the answer to any of the above questions is YES, please call the clinic to reschedule your appointment.
– All clients will need to check their temperature prior to arriving at the clinic. If you are outside the range of 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C) please do not present for your appointment but follow the HSE guidelines. I will also be taking a temperature reading when you arrive and if you are outside the normal range I will not be in a position to proceed with your appointment.
- Please arrive at your appointment time promptly, as I need to abide to a strict schedule, your appointment can run no longer than the 45 minutes allotted from the scheduled start time. This is to allow cleaning between patients and to ensure patients are not in contact with each other.
- Please come alone to your appointment, unless you specifically need a chaperone.
- Please park in the driveway and wait in the car until your appointment time.
- Please sanitise your hands upon arrival to the clinic.
- Please bring in your own bottled water for drinking.
New Clinic Protocols
As you will all understand, new practices and procedures need to be put into place at McMullen Massage to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In order to ensure the clinic is following the highest infection control measures I have completed the HSE ‘COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Guidance course’. I am also closely following updates from the Health Service Executive (HSE), Health Prevention Surveillance Centre (HPSC), World Health Organisation (WHO) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
Updated Hygiene Procedures:
- Hand sanitiser is available on arrival, which we would ask all patients to use on entering and leaving the clinic.
- There will be a minimum of 30 minutes between patients to ensure you will only see me at the clinic, and the room can be cleaned and disinfected between clients.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves will be worn by your practitioner
- Medically wipeable pillows will be used.
- All surfaces in the treatment room will be cleaned after use.
- Books and seats have been removed from the treatment room waiting area.
High risk clients:
Unless otherwise directed by the client’s primary healthcare provider, clients at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19 should not receive touch therapy treatment whilst the virus is present in their communities. Whilst information is still limited, patients with the following underlying conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19:
- Chronic lung disease
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Heart conditions
- Compromised or suppressed immunity
- Severe obesity (body mass index of 40 or higher)
- Chronic kidney disease
- Liver disease
I hope that you have been keeping safe and well during these strange times. All I ask of you is to be patient and follow all the new measures, and let me know if I can answer any of your concerns.
See you in the clinic soon,
Sports, Remedial & Neuromuscular Therapy
28 The Demesne, Killester, Dublin 5
ph: +353 87 211 8949
(Registered Member of ANMT & APNT- Mem. No. 06099)
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the clinic and local community, we ask each patient to complete and sign this form before attending for treatment. On review of the form, your practitioner may contact you to ask you not to attend the clinic at this time and will discuss a suitable future appointment for your treatment.
N.B. Every question must be answered. We have taken extra measures to safeguard our patients prior to arrival. We kindly ask you to complete this declaration for the safety of you, our patients and therapists.